Sunday 28th April 2019
With Historian Rob Milne
Tour from Meerhof Lodge Hartbeespoort at 08h00.
Coffee/tea available from 07h30
Booklet covering sites to visit will be available.
- The “Kruiskoppie “, just over Saartjiesnek – monument to a Prophet or a Traitor?
- Battle of Kalkheuwel (3 June 1900), the British Cavalry ambush at the Lion & Safari Park
- Gustav Preller, founder of Afrikaner nationalism
- Eugene Marais, South Africa’s only genius?
- Voortrekker Cemetery, the “Brothers” of Broederstroom
Lunch break at Van Gaalen’s and talk
- Marthinus Ras of Bokfontein, the Transvaal Republic’s first cannon maker
- South Africa’s Greatest Escape Artist, General Christian de Wet
Tea Break at Tan Malie and Talk
- Building the Hartbeespoort Dam and who owns water & riparian rights?
- Rietfontein Military Cemetery, a strange Memorial and a sinister ending
Return to Meerhof Lodge 17h00
Bookings: Mike 071 382 5905 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost R200.00 per person . Refreshments & food for own account
- Pay MACH. Standard bank. All Branches 015074021.
Payments reference: (Name. April 28) All bookings will be confirmed by email.